Saturday, August 26, 2017

Mammaw

On this day 93 years ago, God blessed earth with this very special woman. She was godly, joyful...beautiful. 

I don't remember a time when she wasn't happy. 

The smile you see in these pictures was a permanent fixture on her. And she had a musical, memorable laugh that I can still hear today. She found the good in everything and helped me find it, too. She and my grandfather introduced me to Christ and showed me what it was to live a holy life. 

As I grew into an adult, there were things we disagreed on...from politics to Christmas to large families and homeschool. I wish everyone disagreed as we did. She truly listened to me, I listened to her, and we respected and loved each other through our choices. I can't believe she's been home with our Lord for ELEVEN years! I miss her everyday! There's so much I would love to hear her thoughts on. She never got to meet my sweet William here on earth, but I know they are loving each other now.