Thursday, August 31, 2017

Long Nights

The nights are long.  But they are quiet.  And I like them.  It's hard to find time to process my grief during the day.  So many things are pulling on me.  But in the prolonged stillness I am at peace and I enjoy it.  I can laugh or I can cry.  I can be angry or I can be joyful.  There is no pressure to be anything other than what is.  It is comforting.

Although my body might disagree.  The dark circles have become a permanent fixture.  I feel like telling people that I meet that I haven't had an accident...I do not have black eyes.  But that would lead to an openness that I do not care to venture into.

This was a fun day.  William's only try at laser tag (which he didn't like), but the candy necklace was a real treat!  And, of course, he ALWAYS loved go-karts!

I often find myself looking through old pictures.  It really bothers me that there will never be another.  Every new thing that happens here, he is missing from.  It's a joy I cannot share with him.  And it hurts.  It doesn't mean I doubt the Lord or His promises.  It only means there was a precious little boy who held a good portion of my heart and he took it with him when he went.  I will always miss him.  Maybe there will come a day when I won't cry but there will never come a day when I don't miss him.

"There are valuable life lessons that are only learned through the crucible of death and suffering. That is not so much a negative thing as it is a painful reality. At times I will conquer the fears and sorrow that share space in my heart and mind and at other times I will once again find myself overwhelmed by them. That is the curse of humanity – the cost of the fall of man. For as many times as others have suggested or implied that I should move on I wonder if my Savior is whispering, 'Stay. Linger with Me here in this hard place for just awhile longer. Talk to Me. Don’t turn away. There is a gift of great worth awaiting you.'"  ~Janet Boxx

https://boxxbanter.com/2017/08/09/how-to-know-when-your-journey-through-grief-is-complete/