Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Certification

I didn't sleep last night.  I should have posted then, but I just didn't think of it.  I've kind of gotten into the habit of posting on Thursdays (LOL).  I'm not quite sure how that happened.  I know I started that at first because of William's favorite day and the day we buried him, but I never really intended for it to become a permanent thing.  Oh, well.

Somehow sleep is eluding me again.  Too much on my mind.  So I thought I would post about a recent event.  Abby, Selah, and I headed to Texas last week.  Yes, just in time for the hurricane.  No worries, though.  We only got heavy, crazy rains. 😜

It was quite the adventurous trip, though.  Of course I booked on Expedia, as usual.  Our hotel was a bit shady to put it nicely.  I guess you can't trust those reviews after all.  We ended up moving hotels, which is a funny story all on it's own.  But it's probably too tacky to put on a blog so you'll have to say something to me if you want to hear the pool/poop fiasco.😳

So, on to the reason for the trip.  Abby decided 2 months ago that she was ready to pursue certification.  Mind you, it's typically a one year process.  But she worked hard and pulled it together and taught 25 hours of mentored classes and made it work.  The testing process is rigorous and stressful but she handled it well.  She was able to pass both components (riding and instruction) and is now certified as a PATH Int'l Therapeutic Riding Instructor (TRI).  I would brag on her, but it would only embarrass her, so I'll just say, SHE DID AWESOME! (Although I expected nothing less...)

This is the horse she was assigned for the riding component: Rip Van Winkle (Vannie).  She's quite the horsewoman.  I know, it's no surprise.  But it still amazes me, the natural talent God has given her.  Yes, she's put in lots of hours and tons of hard work, but still...God placed so much of it as just HER.  It's who she is.

I saw this quote the other day and I thought about how perfectly it fits her.  Trust is such a big thing...in ALL relationships.  It doesn't come easy.

It makes me think of our walk with God, as well.  I AM fearful of many things now.  But I trust in the Lord.  I know His love never fails.  But do I look to Him to find out what to do when I am afraid or confused?  I'm trying.  I just don't have an answer yet...