Saturday, February 20, 2016

Have Mercy on Me

To fulfill our certification requirements, we have to keep current on our CPR certification. I did not give it a second thought when we all signed up for the class. Actually, it didn't hit me until last night. I fell asleep in Michael's arms last night, crying my heart out. I awoke at 2am and sleep eluded me for the rest of the night. Even the sweet sun rising did not grant the beauty of sleep. And, of course, I struggled through the CPR class. I kept telling myself to be strong but it did not happen. I am tired. I am worn. I am broken. I miss him more than I could possibly have words to tell. The ache in my heart is so deep, so vicious. There is nothing for me to do but fall into His mercy.

Lyrics:
I'm tired of being afraid 
I'm wondering how I got this way 
I'm trying to remember what life was like before 
Panic moved in without even knocking on the door

Have mercy on me
I'm not who I used to be
Have mercy on me
Jesus, please

I've been praying and asking you to take it all away
You never do exactly what I say
You see me from the outside, a lover looking in
But all I see is danger moving underneath my skin

CHORUS

I know it's not because I don't love you enough
It's not because I'm weak, it's how you choose to speak to me