Friday, February 5, 2016

Baby Shower for Andrew

One of the many things I appreciate about our church is that we recognize the gift of children.  Every child is a blessing.  We've always welcomed each child with a baby shower to show our thankfulness for the gift that they are.  Even number 15.
So we recently went to Andrew's baby shower.  It was a surprise theme to us, but a very appropriate one.  Be Mighty.  Very fitting for a mighty little boy who is forever tied to the love of a mighty big brother.  The theme included mighty men of valor and the armor of God.
The cake was a beautiful masterpiece.  I can't even imagine how much time it took to make.  One of the young ladies in our church always makes the cakes and everyone is appropriately amazed at her work, but this one was exceptional.  That armor is made of sugar and completely edible!  Of course, we didn't eat it but saved it.  I'm not sure how to keep it, but I'm sure going to try!





This diaper cake was a lot of fun!  Those dinosaurs are made from baby washcloths!  I'm not going to take them apart, though.  We're putting them up as decoration in the boys' room.

We received many beautiful gifts...lovely and thoughtful.  I can't express my thankfulness enough.  And for the gift of including William's memory.  William loved Ru so much.  One day, I know, Ru will be grateful that his memory was included.