Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Humble Pie :)

I can honestly say, I hope no one uses me as a role model.  I pray my children model after Christ, their perfect Savior, and not their very imperfect mother.  I have been very convicted today by my attitude regarding insurance.  I let frustration get the best of me instead of focusing on the blessing that abounds in my life.  God has always supplied our every need.  William has never gone without medical treatment, medication, or equipment.  Sherrod has never gone without medical treatment, medication, or equipment.  I've never had to watch my child struggle to live because we couldn't meet their needs or get them medical treatment.  None of our children have ever wanted for food, clothing, or shelter.  Even when things were hard, God has always made a way.  It's the reason we chose not to go with SSI to begin with...because we wanted to fully rely on Him.  Others may have made a different decision and that's okay.  This one was ours.  And He's NEVER let us down.  And He never will.  I know that.  We don't trust in Michael's job or our insurance or money itself.  We trust in Someone much bigger than all of that.  Someone Who controls it all.  He never promised it would be easy.  He never promised we would be able to do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted.  He never promised we wouldn't have to work or sacrifice.  But He did promise to supply all our need according to His riches in glory through Christ Jesus.  And THAT I can rest in.

May the Lord continue to grow me in strength of faith and character in the coming year.