Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Doubts



I've had some struggles recently, as I've shared.  A FB friend shared this and I thought it was a great reminder of what I know to be true.  I'm sorry, I'm not savvy enough to link to the direct post, but here is the quote:

"Yesterday I preached in two different states, proclaiming boldly the confidence we have in the goodness of God. People's hearts were stirred and inspired (by God's grace).
Now, in the middle of the night, sleep eludes me, and I feel the crushing weight of my own human weakness.
I hear the enemy, whispering in my mind, "Do you REALLY believe all that, about God being infinitely kind and loving? Are you convinced of that fact in your own life?" 
Well, devil, here's my answer:
"100%, without doubt or equivocation; God is good all the time, and all the time God is good. God NEVER allows ANY difficulty in our lives that He does not FULLY intend to redeem for His glory, our good, and the good of others."
As Polycarp said: He has never done me wrong, and I won't deny Him.
Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him.
Sorry, devil, better luck next time."     
- Israel Wayne

Thanks, Israel, for giving me permission to repost!