Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thankful...

Today I am thankful.  Truly grateful for the blessings God has bestowed on me, even though I am so undeserving.

I slept until 4am, without interruption.  Four solid hours is good, for me.  And I awoke to find myself snuggled between Michael and 2 sweet, precious, little boys.

And the girls are home.

How could I not feel overwhelmingly blessed?

Sarah posts everything on FB and I think she put over 150 photos on her newsfeed, but for my friends who still refuse FB, I'll repost a little of their story here.

They had such a wonderful time.  I am so glad.  I am also definitely resting somewhat better to have them home!

They visited several parks and volunteered at Give Kids the World.  I'm not posting pictures of everything...just some of my favorites.


Beautiful, but really hard for Sarah 😁


They all enjoyed petting the kangaroos
Swimming with sharks

Feeding the rays

Sarah got to swim with Dexter's mom!  Dexter was William's dolphin.

Getting to visit Winter was definitely a highlight of the trip!
Trying cotton candy for the first time, ever!  Yes, the FIRST time!
Haha!  This guy was a little freaky!  He kept growling. 😂
Petting rays at a different park

I have had the best time, listening to all the stories!    They are a fun and wonderful crew!  Words cannot even describe how great it is to have them back!  And, of course, they jumped right back in to saving the day!

On this day of Thanksgiving, I feel overwhelmed with blessing.  Overwhelmed with gratitude.  Overwhelmed with joy.  And sadness.  Even as I am incredibly grateful for these beautiful, precious souls God has loaned me for a time, I can't help but feel intense mourning for William.  I know he is safe.  I know he is home.  I am grateful that he is with the Lord.  But all that doesn't change the fact that I still miss him in the here and now.  My arms still ache for him.  The empty spot will not be filled until I see him again.