Thursday, November 1, 2018

Illness

I do not have it in me to post something meaningful today.  I am thoroughly ill.  Yuck.

October is such a hard month.

I'm glad we take some time to intentionally come together and enjoy each other or I might just hole up in my bed and never come out.

Last week, a few of us made a super quick trip down to Orlando.  We had a good time, but Saturday I woke up sick and have been getting worse, it seems, ever since.

But there were some great things about the trip.  We went to watch our amazing veterinarian receive his award for 2018 International Veterinarian of the Year through PATH INT'L, the standards body for therapeutic riding centers, worldwide.  That was super exciting!


And we got to see one of our past instructors who has moved down there.  She's a dear friend and it's been too long!


Finally, we got to go to Gideon's Bakery, which is nothing short of amazing.  I will admit, I did not get why people would stand in line for a half hour (or more) simply to get a cookie, but this is one fantastic cookie.  I got the Pistachio Toffee Chocolate cookie and it was delicious!


Driving to/from Orlando, we saw these billboards...

That was a nickname we had for William because of his initials.  Our little Wahoo...  Knox is now in his clothes.  Time is just continuing on, as if my world was not crushed.

But at least I am able to see the good again.  I snapped these two photos this month of things that were really meaningful to me.
First, this man.  I know it's from behind and you probably can't tell much unless you know what's going on, but we were at church and his boys just wanted to be held through the singing.  I was headed out to help Sherrod with a blood sugar issue and I turned and saw this and it just melted my heart.  So very sweet.  I don't think there is anything in this world more attractive than a man who so  completely loves his woman and children. 😍

And I snapped this sweet picture of the boys waiting for family worship the other night.  A couple of them are reading books to each other and Wallace is helping Andrew get to a specific point in the little New Testament he has.  I love it when they are sweet and helpful to each other!
I wish there was some way that they could all remember William.  😢

If anyone needs me today, I'll be buried under my covers...