Wednesday, January 13, 2016

January Birthday

Well, since Sydnee is the only birthday we have in January, she was on her own for celebration. :)

Birthdays are yet another reminder for me of how quickly time slips away.  When I was a young mother I did not realize.  I mean, I knew, but I didn't realize.  I wish they could all be little again.  Or stay the age they are right now.  Maybe that would be better.  I enjoy my adult children.  They are sweet friends.  I appreciate them so much...don't know what I'd do without them.

It's fun when you get to see them "come into their own."  Sydnee has always been a jokester.  She is very much like her father in this area.  Always making a joke, playing a prank, finding the fun in a situation (or making it)!  But rarely do things get pulled on her.  So when the girls came to me and said that they needed to light the candles on Sydnee's cake without assistance and we needed to sing slowly, I was happy to oblige.

































They ordered re-lighting candles.  And Sydnee was surprised and delighted.  We all laughed hysterically.  Fun times!



















She tried diligently to blow them out, but they just kept coming back.



















Titus climbed up into her lap to share in her birthday prayer.




















Happy 17th birthday, sweet Sydnee Rose!



















I love watching my children together.  The Lord has blessed us greatly.  I read somewhere that great love requires great sacrifice and brings great heartbreak.  I always thought it was speaking of romantic love and I disagreed that it would bring great heartbreak.  Now I understand what it meant.  The heartbreak doesn't have to come through anyone's actions or from something in anyone's control. But it's worth it all to have that deep, deep love and I wouldn't trade it for anything.