Friday, May 29, 2009

Courage


I love the fact that my little boy can hear and play the piano and sing along with his older sister. Quite honestly, that is something I've always taken for granted, when my little ones began doing those things.

I haven't decided if I think the Internet is a blessing or a curse: the world at our fingertips. That should be a good thing, however, as I've been looking up these new diseases that we're going to be testing for, I am fighting a gamut of emotions. I wonder if it would be better if I was the type of person to just wait until I have a definite answer before I began researching anything. It is always easy to let fear overwhelm us. The hard part is to rest in the Lord, be strong, and take courage. I am truly trying.

"Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:9