Thursday, October 4, 2018

The Patio

Grievers are weird.

We do strange things.

There are things that I've watched others do in the process of grieving, things that bring them comfort, that I could never do.  And I know I've done the same.

Like burying William in our front yard.  And the bronze statue.

That was important to me.  It bothers me, too, though.  There are times I absolutely cannot go out there.  I wanted to have a picture in my mind of him running into heaven.

But there are times I look at that monument and I just hate it.

Wallace and I were out there working on it one day and he asked me if I was going to do a statue for all of them when they die.

Uuuuuhhhhhh, no.  No, I'm not.

I just told him that I do not plan on having to make that decision but that they will need to bury me.  Ugh.

As much as I hate the fact that we even have to have a grave, there are also times of peace out there, though.

I recently had an idea to put a patio under the swing.  So we've been working on that.  The rain kind of threw us off quite a bit so that it took much longer than I had expected, but it's done now.





I like having it in and done.

It's been a tough week.  October coming on is always hard anyway, but we lost Cannon unexpectedly and that was awful.

He was such a great dog.


Ida took it hard, too.  Of course, we were afraid of losing her as well, what with the no eating thing.  So this happened...


This is Rey.  Of course, Star Wars, but also she is definitely a ray of light during a dark time.  And Ida likes her.  And she's eating again.  All positives...

Soooooo.....it's gotten hard for me to write.  Maybe it's just the time of year, I'm not sure.  I don't really feel like I have anything to say.  I am in a season of blah.

So this is your opportunity.  ðŸ˜³

What do you want to hear about?  I know we're an odd family, so let's take on the questions.  Why do we do something...What are thoughts on certain subjects... How do we handle... Whatever.  Nothing is off limits.  Trust me, I've fielded some odd questions before so this time I'll just do it in more of a public forum.😜  You can email your questions at OckerClan215@gmail.com.  Don't worry...I won't make your email public or identify you in any way (unless you ask me to do so).

And I will try really hard to not poke fun or be sarcastic, but seriously, we have to laugh at things sometimes, right?😂

So, I'll take emails through the month of October and I'll post my favorite questions (and my responses) in November.  Come on, guys, give me something good...😜

One last thing, anyone need a new BE MIGHTY shirt?  Throw that in an email, too.  Or text me.  Don't just tell me over the phone.  I need it in writing or I'll forget.😬  Deadline to order is October 15.