Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Selah's Birthday

Selah recently turned 12!  TWELVE!!!! Time is vanishing right before my eyes, I tell you!
It was so sweet to hear the "thankful" items around the table.  Selah is such a sweet, generous, and patient person.  She is extremely compassionate and feels things deeply.  It is very important to her that people are treated in a right manner and she is quick to take up a defense for anyone who is treated unfairly.

We had a lot of fun during the gift exchange...
And she was SUPER excited to get the new Baker book (so was everyone else)!
She was also thrilled to get her 12th birthday locket...a picture of Michael and I on one side and a picture of her and Daddy on the other, which will one day be replaced with a picture of her with her husband.
And we have some special guests who are staying with us for awhile.  They were excited to get in on the action!

Selah chose butterscotch pudding and ice cream cake for her dessert, of which I did not partake! 😜




A birthday prayer...

I am so thrilled to be this sweet girl's Momma!  I wish I could protect her from all heartache, but I know that I cannot.  I will just have to strive to help her overcome it as best we can.