Thursday, November 30, 2017

Illness...

It's been a busy and full week.  We enjoyed hosting two Thanksgiving celebrations then attending a fun party.  Then I got sick and I've been in bed since Friday night.  😞

Traditions can be pretty tough. It's really hard to do things without him. We give gifts to our children on Thanksgiving: something needed, something wanted, something educational, and something to grow spiritually. It was especially difficult not to buy gifts for him this year. So I bought gifts for 4 people he loved dearly instead. That was fun!

Being sick has given me lots of time to think.  Perhaps not rationally, though, because of the fever.  So, today, I will keep my thoughts to myself, as they are deep and dark and probably not worth sharing.

However, I will say, I think this week has been really good for me.  No faces, no masks, no participation.  Just the bed.  I know eventually I am going to have to get up and face reality again, but for now, it is doing just fine without me...