Saturday, September 23, 2017

Remembering Molly

Today Sarah and I attended the Celebration of Life of Molly, my very first Wish Child.  She was a sweet and joyful little firecracker and I adored her.
Abby and I had fun taking Velvet up to OU Children's Hospital to visit her...
And she was pretty enthralled with Velvet!

I will never forget those sweet arms, wrapped around my neck at her send-off party...
I am so thankful that she got to go on her Wish trip...

I know that Molly's family will cherish those memories made such a short time ago.

When I heard the news about Molly's homegoing, I was crushed.  I am so thankful that Michael was with me.  I'm even more thankful that he understands.  Several people have asked the question that is probably on many minds... Why?  Why do I keep putting myself in this position, volunteering to grant wishes when I know this is going to happen periodically.

The thing is, I DON'T know.  None of us do.  Even when children are 100% healthy, we are not guaranteed tomorrow.  And just because they are sick does not mean that healing won't come.  We don't know.  So if I can help, in some small way, to bring hope, joy, and strength to a child's life and help make just ONE of their days a bit brighter, it's worth it.  You see, I already know the impact of a wish and how much that meant to our family and how much we now look back and cherish that time with him.  And that's why I do it.  I want to give that gift to other families.

It IS hard to lose those we love.  And our time here is so much shorter than we even realize.  I want to spend my time loving God and loving others, even when it's hard.