Monday, September 11, 2017

Regrets

I'm sure my children tire of hearing me talk about the importance of relationships.  Forgiveness.  Grace.  Mercy.  Love.  But this is why.  A world is turned upside down in a moment.  We don't typically think about what we will regret until it's too late.

I am so very thankful that William had a blessed life.  He knew how very much he was loved.  Always.  Not just by me and by our family, but by his friends, too.  I'm so glad for that.  
There was no word left unspoken, no caress left untouched - even though I long for a million more, I know his heart was full.  I can't describe the comfort that brings.

But I also have regrets.  A long list.  One thing I regret is that we never took him fishing.  He really wanted to go.  But I let fear and time control my decisions and it was something he never got to do.  And that really bothers me.