Saturday, October 17, 2015

Another illness

Wow!  I can't believe I haven't posted since August.  I don't know how the time gets away from me like it does.  I'm only 6 weeks away from delivery of this newest blessing and I can't believe that's happened so quickly, either!

First things first.  The eSight did not work out.  It was actually a huge disappointment.  Now I'm going to vent for a moment.  They tout this exciting new technology for the blind, but it only works for people who are between the 20/60 to 20/400 range.  Give me a break.  Legally blind is 20/200.  MY vision is 20/200 (though I'm not legally blind because mine can be corrected to 20/20 with glasses).  But my point is, I can see pretty well, even without corrective lenses.  Certainly enough to get around.  I would NEVER consider spending $15,000 on a machine to make my vision more clear, even if glasses didn't work for me.  William's vision is (best guess) 20/2000, possibly worse.  So, obviously, this won't work for him.  They should not tout it as technology for the BLIND.  They should tout it as technology for the VISUALLY IMPAIRED.  Big difference!

Okay, rant over.  It's been a month of birthdays around here!  We started with Wallace, who is now 7! All of sudden, he's not a little boy!













Next came Sarah...20!  She's become quite the young woman.  We are so proud of her!  She is so dedicated and strong in her faith!  Praise the Lord!













Today is Bryce's birthday.  He's 29!  I can't believe it!  He never really grew out of the "no pictures" stage, so sorry...no picture!

Lastly, we have a house full of illness.  All the littles are sick...Sarah, too.  Ugh.  On the up side, William woke up throwing up this morning, but it is the first time he has ever vomitted without aspirating!  That is truly a praise to the Lord!  We will still have to watch him closely, but so far, so good!