Saturday, October 24, 2015

Sweet William

William's memorial was Thursday.  What a sweet, precious, heart-wrenching time.  I am thankful that my son touched so many lives during his short time on earth, but more than anything, I know that he has forever changed me.  I will miss those precious arms wrapped around my neck every single day that I live.  I had thought about closing his blog, but the girls didn't think I should.  I don't know that I will write in it often.  I'll just have to see.  Right now, the pain is too fresh.  So, for now, I'll just post about some things that have been important to us.  I've added the link to William's memorial slideshow under his videos.

We put together this table of William's favorite things for his service.  Boy, did he ever love that police car!  I'm sure you were a big part of that, Naresh!  Woody, Hulk, his harmonica (and he loved having lessons with you, Elijah!), farm animals, his iPad, all things to do with his Make a Wish trip, Cars, and, of course, his horses.  But most of all, he loved people.  He loved all of you who interacted with him.  He loved meeting new people.  He loved fellowship.  He loved Jesus.  His favorite day was Sunday.  He loved the people of God.
The girls have spent the past couple of days hanging flowers to dry.  It's pretty neat to walk into their room and see them all hanging. 

I have 2 favorites: this white rose dipped in black glitter (black was his favorite color) and the Sweet William plant. 


I intend to plant Sweet William at the base of his monument.  Here is the monument we've chosen to put up for him.  I'm so thankful we were able to bury him on our property.
One of William's doctors brought us a maple tree to plant next to his grave.  He came out today to help plant it.  What a sweet time.  Everyone has been so thoughtful.  During the fellowship time after William's funeral, a dear friend came to tell me that his family was better for knowing William.  That meant so much to me because I know that our family is better because of William, too.  What an incredible child he was!  How will I ever be able to stand missing him so much?
Bandit has not been himself lately.  He seems lost and paces a lot.  I think the children have taken to comforting him as a way of bringing comfort.  He's a good little dog.
Some very dear friends sent this poem of encouragement.  We are so grateful for all the comforting words and actions over these last several days, our darkest ever.  Thank you all for all you are to us!  We love you!

"Our brother is gone" - 
Her words cut like a knife into the heart of the Lord;

"If you had been here then he wouldn't have died,"
She cried to the Light of the World.

So they went to where Lazarus lay - and realized as Jesus wept
That He shares every heartache - He bears every grief,

He is there when your heart breaks
And you can't find relief;

When the pain is relentless -
The darkness so deep

He is right there beside you - 
The Savior who weeps.


What can you say when the prayers have been prayed
And no miracle comes along?

How can you comfort a mother & dad
Now that their baby is gone?

And there in the darkest of hours 
He shares every heartache - He bears every grief,

He is there when your heart breaks
And you can't find relief;

When the pain is relentless -
The darkness so deep

He is right there beside you - 
The Savior who weeps.

-Author Unknown

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities...Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."  Hebrews 4:15