Thursday, January 30, 2020

Music

Music has a powerful affect on people.  Even if we think it doesn't affect us, it does.  I happened to hear a song not long ago in a store and the words have kind of haunted me.  I find myself dwelling on them and I have to fight to pull myself from them because they seem to fit me so very well.  The song is actually a break up song but these words...

"And I know it's long gone and
That magic's not here no more
And I might be okay
But I'm not fine at all...
Time won't fly,
It's like I'm paralyzed by it
I'd like to be my old self again,
But I'm still trying to find it."

Boy, do those words hit home.  I know how that feels.  Probably better than the artist who wrote it.  And there are days that I can get lost in words like these and fall into that pit again if I'm not really careful.

But He is faithful and He is strong, even when I'm not.  Especially when I’m not. And I'm still working on how to #BeMighty...


***And for those of you who check the blog early in the morning, I apologize.  I'm still as crazy busy as usual, but with one difference...I'm actually sleeping now!  But that means no blogging in the wee hours of the morning!  😜