Thursday, September 6, 2018

Another Day, Another Year

I've been trying to think of what to write today.  Ugh.  It's just not coming to me.  I've had a migraine since Sunday.  Not only is my brain in a fog, but I'm somewhat cranky.

September has rolled around.  It's crazy.  All I can think is, next month will be 3 years without him.  How have I survived 3 years?  What have I done with the time?  So much of it has been stolen in grief.

Yet, as hard as it is to believe, the days keep rolling by.

We celebrated my birthday this week.  Through the craziness of migraine fog, Right Path class prep, getting ready for volunteer training, and the golf tournament...we did it.  Whew.  This crew is nothing if not flexible and laid back.  It's a good thing.

I cannot describe how my heart just melts over my kiddos.  And not just these boys...all of them.  I don't deserve to be the mother of such amazing people, but here I am.

And Michael...he makes my heart sing.  He's so much fun!  Even though I shake my head most of the time, I wouldn't have it any other way!  Here's a little back story: you know our super great, long table?  Well, it needs chairs.  The chairs that go with it are from the Amish store and they cost an arm and a leg.  So I only have a few.  But every year in September they offer a discount.  So I asked for another chair.  But they take a few weeks to make so they won't be here until next month.  This is how he let me know...




I'm still not sure exactly how many chairs are coming.  I think 3.  But it was fun...

I love this clan.  My tribe.  They keep me going.