Thursday, March 22, 2018

Girl Time

It's been a bit of an odd week around here... Michael traveling, a sweet baby shower (with TWO babies 😍), a precious, Christ-centered wedding, and an evening out with just the girls.  While the boys had a ton of fun at home with dear friends, I took the girls to see the Cinderella ballet.  We had a blast!

We spent some time downtown before the ballet and had a little silliness together.









 This is pretty typical in our house...Sarah and Sydnee with funny attitude while Abby and Sherrod are like, "You girls are crazy." 😂😂😂
 I have no idea what was going on here, but Abby looks like the cat that ate the canary while Sarah and Sydnee are giving looks.  Sherrod just goes with the flow...
 Whatever it was, was funny!

Waiting for the ballet...










Adelina was such a hoot at the ballet!  Part way into the first act she asked me when we would see the ballet.  "We are seeing the ballet," I told her.  "It's the type of dance."
"Oh," she replied.  "Well, why can't we go up there and dance?  I got dressed up..."

After the intermission came the ball scene.  She kept asking which one was the prince (from the male dancers) and which one was Cinderella (from the female dancers).  When they arrived, I told her who was who.  After the 2nd intermission came the wedding scene.  She asked what was happening and I explained.  She furrowed her brow and wrinkled her nose.  "But they just met!"  Before I could answer, she asked, very doubtfully, "Are they getting married in real life?"  I assured her that it was just pretend, which satisfied her somewhat.

We decided on the Cheesecake Factory for dinner.  I may have had the best salmon ever... And I even splurged for the caramel cheesecake!




It was a sweet and joyful evening out with my girls.  Lots of laughter and giggles.  I think I may enjoy the times all the more for the realization of how short my time with them is.  I look at these last few pictures at dinner and I remember when my adult girls were Adelina's size, looking to me for every single thing.  Now they are women and they are living their own purpose that God has laid out for them.  And even though it may not be exactly what I would have mapped out, it is precious and beautiful.  I am so proud of each of them.  And looking forward to more nights like this one! 😍