Thursday, June 1, 2017

Hospitality and Something Special

There's been MUCH activity since we moved 7 weeks ago!  It's been fun, but we've also learned a lot about our family.  Namely, we have a lot to learn about being good hosts!  ๐Ÿ˜ง  I am so grateful that we have a great hosting area, I pray that we can be good stewards of it...

Over the last month, we've enjoyed a lot of company.  Our sweet friends came to visit from California and even though a few of us were very ill and poor company, they braved it through.  I can't even remember if we fed them over the few days they were here, but they didn't perish of starvation so I guess they figured something out! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ  Too much of the house to list hadn't been unpacked but they graciously stepped over things. ๐Ÿ˜œ Hopefully the whole family can come soon.  Or who knows? Maybe we'll actually take a trek their direction... ๐Ÿ˜

A good game of Clue
The Chess masters
Catch Phrase is always a favorite!

What's an Ocker visit without horses?
Sean and Benjamin
Little girls at play
A lot of time was passed in this manner... :)
Sweet little girls
Part of the YPL team

When we heard Douglas Bond was going to be in town, of course we invited him out.  The children were so excited to meet one of their all-time favorite authors!  Doug started with a Young Writer's Workshop where he taught about 20 young people.


After the workshop, families came together at the barn where we enjoyed a time of fellowship and dinner.



We had about 70 people stay to hear Doug speak on "Reformation Romance."  He made Luther's life sound so funny and interesting!  I highly recommend his book, Luther in Love.
He stayed after, signing books.  Sarah brought out this stack of Bond books for him to autograph! Haha!  We are actually missing a few of his books.  We'll have to remedy that!



We also met a new family who came to stay for a bit.  It was nice to get to know them, even in the midst of still getting settled in.  Although in our house things never really settle down, so it's pretty much always crazy busy!  While they were here, we also finished the back fence, moved the chicken coop, got the dogs moved to the house (Finally! Yay!), moved part of the shed, and took care of a few Right Path things.  Whew!  We also had part of our church out to meet them, which was a lot of fun.  Oh, and I almost forgot...my new lights were installed in the living room!  Woo-hoo!  Super exciting!
The group...what a blessing!
Of course horses!
I love the piano...thanks again, Mr. Kirkland!

Some braved the cold water with the heater broken
I have no idea what was so interesting and funny...
A new game...Code Names


The living room is up and running and Wallace even got to help!  He was super excited!  Also, my pantry should be installed later today and the pool heater should be up and running next week.  AND, we have more company coming over the summer!  I am so excited!  BOTH of my sisters who live out of state will be visiting us this summer!  Yay!

We are so grateful to everyone who helped us move, build, remodel, fence...everything!  The meals were so incredibly helpful, too!  We have been so very blessed with the love of such good friends.  Seriously, I cannot express enough what all of you mean to us.  I don't know how we would have gotten through the past year and a half+ without you.  It's taught me to never underestimate the power of love, a kind word, a sweet gesture...what only takes a moment of your time could mean the world to someone.  And it's got me thinking a lot about forgiveness, repentance, restoration, and grace, so be prepared to get my thoughts on that in the future.๐Ÿ˜

I got to introduce Benjamin's beautiful talents to our new friends.  Later as we were discussing how God has blessed him with amazing ability, I was able to show them this video.  I thought I would repost it because it's so beautiful and powerful.  And special.  Again, I'm so grateful for the love of friends...