Friday, June 9, 2017

Providence

For whatever reason, my post did not publish yesterday (Thursday).  Hmmm.  Maybe my subject was harsher than I had intended or just simply not profitable.  Anyway, I'm going to spend some time rethinking it.

Today I've been thinking about this quote by Florence Nightingale, "Life is a hard fight, a struggle, a wresting with the principle of evil, hand to hand, foot to foot.  Every inch of the way is disputed.  But the night is given us to take breath and to pray, to drink deep at the fountain of power.  The day, to use the strength that has been given us, to go forth to work with it till the evening."

It is hard.  I know I'm not sleeping as I should, but I almost need the quiet of the night to rejuvenate.  And I must still spend time with my thoughts of him and those come, sweetly, but mostly at night.

I cannot think of anything that matches the joy that the blessing of children brings to a family.  And I am quite certain that there is nothing on earth that rivals the sorrow of a family forced to bury a child.