Thursday, February 2, 2017

Hurts Aside...

I've made a decision...

Next week I'm taking William's Cough Assist machine into his doctor's office to donate it to someone who could use it.

I will not cry (in the office)...

I will not say a word about office compassion...

I will not tell him what I think...

I will not tell him what I feel...

I will not remind him that my little boy loved him and thought he was wonderful...

I will not.

I will only think of this little face and how he saw the best in everyone.
















I will think of Mr. N, running hither-thither-and-yon, trying to find that machine after William came off of life support and needed it so badly.

I will think of the countless other friends who have so selflessly sacrificed for William and for the rest of us...who have loved us with their whole hearts.

And I will think of some mother out there, fighting for her baby's life, thankful for technology and the gift of one more day...