Thursday, November 7, 2019

Happy Birthday, Abby!

Happy birthday to Abby!
We so enjoy this lady!
With siblings...
Hmmm....There was something good in that notebook....😜




Here's the only semi-serious picture I got of the older girls...
What would an Ocker birthday be without the typical craziness?  I love how these pictures so exemplify each of their personalities!
 Sarah - always the life of the party
 Abby - stoic with a bit of mischief that she just can't hide from her face
 Sydnee - trying to be chill but can't hide the joy
 Sherrod - always the same, you don't see it unless she wants you to
Birthday pie...
AND lemon bars!

Birthday prayer...
The Clan
Grace and beauty...

There are many things I appreciate about Abby.  But perhaps the most consistent is her loyalty.  There aren't very many things she gets fierce about, but that is one of them.  I love how she keeps a very small, tight circle that it's really hard to get into, but even more difficult to get kicked out of.  I love how she doesn't do anything halfway but it's all or nothing.  I love how her mind works and how she sees the world.  I love that she doesn't need the affirmation of others but finds her significance in the Lord alone.  I love the strong side of her that everyone sees and I love the fragile side that very few have the privilege of seeing.  I love how similar we are and how I can usually tell what she's going to say or do or what she's thinking without a word spoken between us.

I have been missing her and Sherrod terribly.  The house is odd without them here.  It is a strange, new season that brings both a sense of joy and a bizarre feeling that I don't know how to to describe.  It isn't really a sadness or a sense of dread...it is just weird not having them around all the time.  But I'm so thankful that they have the opportunity to pursue their dreams and talents.  And it brings great pleasure to watch them grow.  And soar...💜