Thursday, December 6, 2018

The Baby is THREE!!!

Andrew is 3!  I can hardly believe it!

This precious boy who is so incredibly sweet is really not a baby anymore.  Yikes!  The time is passing so quickly!  This is the longest I have gone our entire marriage without expecting another baby.  It is an odd feeling, indeed.

Isn't he just the most adorable????

Sibling fun...

He insisted his cake be chocolate with blue candies.  Sherrod dyed white chocolate with blueberries, but it's really light.  But he totally counted the blueberries as candy, too! 😂

No help needed...

Birthday prayer...

Yum!

Ribbit!

Look at that face!  Paw Patrol is a favorite!

Sometimes you get impromptu "smiling lessons" when your sister finds you sucking in your top lip...



The perfect mixture of ornery and sweet...

This boy is such a blessing!  I love how he is so cuddly and loves his Momma!  He just wrapped himself right around my heart!  He is fun and energetic and thoughtful and caring and all kinds of wonderful!

Every day, I find myself wishing William could have met him.  He would have just thought Andrew hung the moon!

I often think back to how much William loved Andrew.  Before he even knew him.  I cherish the memories of him putting his hand on my belly to try to follow Andrew's kicks or putting his ear to my belly to see if he could possibly hear Andrew moving around in there.  It is with oh-so-much fondness that I remember him talking to my belly, hoping Andrew would hear him say, "I love you!"  I wish I had gotten a picture of it.

There are so many special moments that I wish I had taken a picture of.  But I didn't.  They live on in my heart, but not to share.  Nothing tangible to look at or touch.  And now, Andrew has no picture of his brother talking to him or touching him or playing with him.  Only my words and the story behind his name...

One word of advice to both young and old...ALWAYS TAKE THE PICTURE!  Don't worry about how you look or what you're wearing or if your house is perfectly clean or how much weight you've gained.  Take the picture.  It's meaningful and lasting and you may never know just how much it might mean to someone one day.
Happy birthday, my precious boy!  You are loved more than life!