Thursday, October 19, 2017

Two Years


The lead-up to yesterday was difficult, but the day itself...not so much.  There were hard moments, but, all in all, it was good.  Refreshing.  Relaxing.  Fun.  Sweet.  Adventurous.

We did some crazy things...like Michael and I not bringing sleeping bags and half-freezing through the night, and all of us climbing up the side of a cliff to get into a cave, and crossing over the falls fully dressed in very cold water.  But it was all fun.  And if you want in on a family "inside" joke, you'll have to ask one of the older girls about the PDFs that you must always have with you at Turner Falls! 😂

Of course there were some hard times, too, and Michael and I shared some tears.  I kept thinking about how much William would have loved everything about the camping trip.  And how I would have fretted over him.  Then I thought about how difficult some of the things would have been, but how we would have done them because that was just the way we did things.  We would have backpacked him or carried him or something.  Although he and I would have skipped the cave... 😜

It made me think about how our family loved serving him.  Everyone wanted to help him.  I miss that, too.  The truth is, in many of the day-to-day duties, things are easier now.  And that bothers me.  I hate that.  Not better, but easier.  I often feel like my hands are empty when they shouldn't be.  His absence is always felt.

But I do feel like we are starting to pull out of the funk.  Maybe we are beginning to accept our new life without him.  Wow...I hate to even say that.  It still really bothers me that he's not here, but I can also find some beauty in the world again.

We were so grateful to be able to read all of your wonderful messages as a family.  Thank you!  We truly feel blessed and loved and are ever-thankful for dear friends!  Much love to all of you! 💖

Be Mighty!