Thursday, October 26, 2017

Communication

It's been pretty busy around here.  There are many projects going on and we've been trying to pull so many things together, all while continuing school and riding classes.  I'm afraid a few things have fallen through the cracks.  I'm not even sure how many balls I've been juggling, much less how many have dropped... 😜

But we've had some good laughs, too.  I mean, really, you have to laugh, right?  When everything is crazy and no one knows which way is up.  It's not really that bad, but it's been a little hectic.
We have a standing joke in our family about our lack of communication skills.  Expectations and assumptions can sometimes get the best of us.  One of my adult children recently pointed out the lack of skill in that area has never been so glaring as now.  That just means when everything is helter-skelter and I'm not holding "family meetings," the craziness is glaring! πŸ˜‚ Today we decided that our observation skills are not top notch, either!
But it got me thinking about those in my life outside of my family.  Communication, or the lack thereof, can be a real relationship killer, can't it? As I look back over the last couple of years and I think of all the relationships that have been severed, so much of the damage comes from poor communication.  Expectations by one party, assumptions by another, but not truly knowing what's going on in the mind.  Why can't we all just say what we mean and mean what we say, while being nice, of course.  Where did we get taught to be so reserved?
I'm saddened by the relationships around me that have ended.  I still pray for restoration.  I'm sad for the ones that continue to be strained.  It takes effort to love people.  Sometimes, more effort than I can muster.  Effort and willingness.

I searched for memes on communication as a lighthearted attempt to poke fun at a serious flaw in myself.  I found the next one particularly funny...
I know, I have a warped sense of humor! 😜 Now I'm off to start my day.  I hope you enjoy yours!😍