Monday, June 20, 2016

William's Monument

We finally got William's monument (headstone) installed!  It feels good to have it done.  I am so very thankful for all the people who helped make it possible!  We are overwhelmed with the number of people who donated funds and time to make it happen, simply out of love for our little boy.  Thank you all so very much!

Because of the cost factor, we decided to go a different route than the wheelchair.  We went with the theme of running the race and William's race now being finished.  We are very happy with it and I love the idea of him running!  It is beautiful!


William Aric-Hall Ocker
Loaned to us April 8, 2007
Flew home to Jesus October 18, 2015
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race.  I have kept the faith." 2 Timothy 4:7

There were so many aspects to completing this!  We are so very grateful to everyone and I will be posting more in the coming days of each individual component, but for now I just wanted to get this up quick for those who wanted to see it and to say...

Boys...I LOVE my swing!  It's the perfect place to sit and it's EXACTLY what I wanted!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I love to sit out there (especially in the morning) and listen to the beautiful Corinthian Bells that were given as a gift by dear friends.  We are so grateful to: 
*Mr. Osterhout and his crew for donating, framing, and pouring the base
*Mark and Tomaki at The Crucible in Norman for their MANY hours of hard work on the monument (You can check some of their work out on the History Channel's Monument Men)
*The many people who brought flowers and a tree to plant and helped with education on taking care of them
*Cimarron Sod for donating the sod to go over William's grave
*All the hard work put in by those who came out on Friday to install the monument, hang William's bells, and put my swing together (including cutting cedars!)
*Everyone who came to help celebrate William's life.

You all are amazing!  We love you dearly and are ever grateful for your kindness, love, and support!