Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Delivered!


This sweet, sweet boy gives GREAT hugs!
The RPGR package has been delivered to Manchester! It arrived 8 hours earlier than expected. Very exciting! Both packages have arrived and been signed for and now just need to be processed.
On another great note: Michael got home last night and found William's glasses, right on top of the white sack I had put them on and they had NOT gone into the trash! Yeah! And to continue the good news, when I called about the glasses this morning, they were able to pull the rush order in time and not charge us anything! Whew!
We did have a slight scare last night. After I got William out of the bath, his right ear was bright red and starting to swell. Of course, it immediately made us think of when he was in the hospital with the mastoid infection because that was how it started out. We took his processors off of his ears (but left the magnets on), I emailed his surgeon pictures and we decided to watch it, fully expecting to make another trip to the city today. When he woke up this morning the red was still there, but no swelling. We'll keep watching it, but for now it looks okay.

"Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am He." Isaiah 41:4

4 comments:

  1. A big YAY for finding the glasses. And for hte swelling going down! I hope the redness disappears so there are no more worries about infection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when my girl put her glasses away in the case after wearing them most of the day. She said, "I forgot to take them off." This was after weeks of pulling them off after only wearing them an hour and dropping them on the floor. It felt like we'd won the battle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard when you don't really know what is going on. We don't want to put Nolan through endless medical procedures, but the child can't eat solid food, and it has gotten worse over the past couple of months. Yesterday consisted of yogurt and milk, so I have to get him to someone who can figure out what is going on. So many weird, but seemingly unrelated things! Elevated liver enzymes (2 out of 3), head lag, dysphagia, posterior urethral valves, and the hearing loss (which has been fluctuant/progressive). Go figure- hopefully we'll figure it out some day! If we can get him eating again, I'll be a lot more relaxed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arizona ConnectionJune 25, 2009 at 12:39 PM

    Your life is full of "quests", some quests being resolved sooner (eye glasses) than others. So glad items shipped were received in a very timely manor and hope Willia's ear has remained "well". Wishing William the very very best..a lot is coming up in the next 60 days, may all go well.
    God Bless
    Jill A

    ReplyDelete

I don't publish comments. I'm not good at checking them. :) You may email me directly at Joshalyn@rightpathridingacademy.org.