Thursday, April 11, 2019

Be Mighty

This week we remembered William’s birthday. But all I can think is that it’s been 1271 days since I last got to see his handsome face. 1271 days since I last got to feel the sweet, ever-so-slight pressure of his tiny arms, wrapped around my neck. 1271 days since I got to hear the beautiful sound of his voice.
There’s no special significance to that number. But I do wonder that the world has continued to turn these 3 1/2 years without him.
Have I moved on? Definitely not. But I guess I move forward, carrying this grief with me, the dark cloud that threatens to overwhelm me. Some days I do better at hiding it than others, but it remains, always.


This week William should have been 12. My beloved boy.

Am I being mighty? Hmmm. I don’t know. I can’t say that I am. But I’m sure trying.