Thursday, April 29, 2021

Panic Moments



Sometimes there are moments when a wave of panic washes over me. I think it’s a spiritual attack. It typically happens while sitting in church. Sometimes it’s during the message. Other times it’s during singing or even prayer. I’m thankful that it doesn’t happen often. I am also thankful that right behind it, comes the comfort of the Holy Spirit. 

Last week it happened during singing. We were singing “Is He Worthy?” during service at church. It’s a beautiful song. During the line, “And does Jesus, our Messiah, hold forever those He loves?”, a panic washed over me. 

Is William with Jesus in Glory? 

What if he’s not? What then?

I choked up and couldn’t sing, but before the next line came, I felt the Spirit calming me and reminding me of how much William loved the Lord and that that love is a gift from Him, given freely, evidencing His love for us. In every fiber of my being I know that William is with Christ, having just gone ahead, and I have the promise of seeing him again one day. 

And the glorious response to that question is...

HE DOES! ❤️