Thursday, April 15, 2021

“Momma, Look!”

As the children grow and more things change and fewer things remain the same, I find myself quite melancholy. Adults out of the home. My last two children are almost finished with kindergarten. This season is closing fast.  

I am going through phonics with my littles for the last time. It has always been a fun program but somehow I am enjoying it more than I ever have. While there is definitely some sadness with the “lasts,” I am intentionally cherishing these moments with the ones still here. 

I am incredibly grateful for Andrew’s affectionate personality. He has been even more present at my side, not wanting me to go anywhere without him and stuck to me like glue. He’s taken to holding my hand and giving me love pats and kissing my cheek 6 times in a row. 🥰 I wonder what’s going on in that little mind? Does he also feel heavy or is he reacting to me? 

I love hearing his little voice, “Momma, look!” And there’s no telling what I will find at the end of that...😍