Thursday, April 22, 2021

Peace in the Storm

I don’t really have much to say. The trials of the last couple of months have me feeling tired. But I am also at peace. I feel the Lord’s presence and am thankful for the tender mercies He grants. A sweet reconnection with an old friend brought a great amount of comfort this week. Deep and thoughtful conversation with a young person brought joy and hope. I am continuing to make it an intentional act to give my sorrows to His care. He is faithful. 
You may notice that we’ve taken down William’s monument. His grave is currently unmarked. I do not know what we will put in its place but I’m in no hurry to decide. I just couldn’t look at the monument anymore. I find this beautiful picture to be much like my state of mind currently. Dark. Serene. Still. At peace. 
“He heals the broken-hearted and binds up their wounds.” Psalm 147:3