Thursday, March 12, 2020

Mediocrity

This week I’ve been thinking a lot about mediocrity. Ever since the church we attended for so long split, and we ended up leaving 2 years later, we’ve been in search for a church. Unfortunately, I think mediocre would describe so many churches today. What makes a great church? Is it the way it makes you feel? Is it the music? The programs? The people? Nope. None of that makes a great church. Only the faithful exegesis of Scripture, the faithful following of God’s Word.  We are finally settling in on what I think will be our church home and it feels good.
But as we’ve tried so many and found so much lacking and seen a lot of mediocrity, it’s made me think about my own life. Am I a mediocre Christian? Lord, may it never be. Revelation 3 talks about the lukewarm church...“I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.“
Do people immediately know I am a Christian when they look at me? Not because of how I look or what I wear, but because of my actions...my words, my behavior, the things I do? I hope that I am zealous for the Lord. I hope that my life reflects such. I fervently pray this for each of my children, that their lives will be full of passion and zeal and service, and that they will never blend in with the world. May we all come out from them and be separate, holy, a peculiar people.

Just some early morning thoughts...😜