Thursday, March 19, 2020

Forgiveness


Often it is all too easy to give in to our feelings.  To feel betrayed when we are wronged.  To hang on to it.  To lose our sense of worth.

At those times, it is good to remind ourselves of what we know.

Ephesians 4:31-32
Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.  Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Deuteronomy 33:27
The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms; He will thrust out the enemy from before you, and will say, "Destroy!"

Proverbs 20:22
Do not say, "I will recompense evil;" Wait for the Lord, and He will save you.

Proverbs 18:24
A man who has friends must himself be friendly, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.

1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.

Proverbs 12:25
Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad.

Matthew 10:29
Are not two sparrows sold for a cent?  And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father.

Psalm 27:10
For my father and my mother have forsaken me, But the LORD will take me up.

Psalm 119:75
I know, O LORD, that Your judgments are righteous, And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me.