Thursday, October 21, 2021

Happy Birthday, Wallace!

This year I had planned on doing simple birthday posts, only posting a single picture and moderate description.  But I forgot we have a couple of "big" birthdays in 2021!  Wallace's was one of them.

Turning 13 is a big deal for this clan.  It is a call to adulthood.  


We based his calling/party/gifts off the 5 Pillars of Biblical Manhood from 1 Corinthians 16:13-14, "Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous, be strong.  Do everything in love."  We are so pleased with the way Wallace is growing and maturing in the Lord, devoting his life to serving Him, and making an effort to walk according to Scripture.  He has a kind heart and is absolutely a "doer," which he's working on pairing with patience.  😂😂😂

We had so much fun with Wallace's birthday.  As I was going through pictures, I decided to just do a photo journal today from the party.  Tomorrow I will post the actual wording we used for those who want it.

I always enjoy the sibling/family photos:

It's hard to be a brother sometimes...


Silliness abounds at this house...

Wallace trying to convince Sherrod and Alex of something...I love their faces!

Cake time fun with re-lighting candles


Birthday prayer

The children got Wallace a kayak...HUGE HIT!  I love his surprised face!  And how he's been so generous and loved sharing it with everyone.

Michael and I got him a William Wallace sword.  We are planning to have the family crest engraved on it once he decides where.

For those who only get to see the serious and somber side of Wallace, this is what he's like at home...


He is such a fun guy!  So many in our clan are pretty introverted so there aren't a lot of people that get to see what we see.  It takes time and effort to get to know him but it is oh-so-worth it!

Happy 13th birthday, my love!