Friday, August 5, 2016

Update

I am being released. Sarah sent me this picture and said, "Look who's happy that you are coming home!"

Things look mostly good. I have a condition called takotsubo cardiomyopathy. It is commonly known as broken heart syndrome. Basically, my heart is not reacting well to the influx of stress hormones. While it can cause severe damage, I am not at that point and with follow-up care should easily make a full recovery. In fact, it should clear up in as little as a few days to a few weeks. 

These last months have been difficult, adjusting to life without William, but they have also been fraught with numerous other issues...a church split, rifts, severed relationships, slanders...much difficulty. 

I feel like I am trusting in the Lord. I have no doubt He carries me. Apparently my body is not handling it so well as I thought. I will follow the recommendations and stay on top of things but how do you stop missing one so dearly loved? I still covet the prayers of my friends.